First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last

Why is PM disabled?

Post Reply
48201 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/9/19 , edited 3/10/19
I don't know about violence but if we got a sizable crowd in front of CR HQ that would make headlines for sure!
719 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/9/19 , edited 3/17/19
I can't access PMs and now I can't even comment. What's the point of comments if I can't make corny jokes or declare best girls?
86557 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / In the ISSNESS,...
Offline
Posted 3/9/19 , edited 3/10/19
~ o,..,o ~ It's sad that it has come to this. This was one of the best anime and social sites on the net. It offered so much that other sites just don't. This site not only had anime and manga, but it also had some of the best kdramas. There was just so much to keep every member busy, not to mention lots of fun ways to socialize. I loved role playing in adventure groups and even created some of my own groups over the years. Just recently i found out that not only were my PM's disabled, but i am no longer able to post in my own group forums. Only the GB walls work in my groups for now.

I do have a suggestion for those of you who seriously need a private place to talk to those friends that can only talk to you in PM. This may not work for all of you, but for those of you that own an old group, do the following, Go into your group edit, to the button that says options and change your group to Secret, then make sure your group guest wall is enabled so that you can use it. The next step is to go to Permissions and make sure your group is set so that only members can see your GB Wall in the group. If that is set correctly, then the last step is to remove every old member from the group and just leave yourself there as the Creator. Now you can invite that friend to the group to talk with you privately on the wall there. No one can see a secret group except for the Creator and members. This is only a temporary solution till the PM's are fixed. I have created groups in the past just for the purpose of having a secret place to chat. Though the forum's in the group would have had more room, CR is not allowing that part of the group to work right now. I do have one more suggestion for those of you that need to be able to talk privately. As soon as you get your friends to talk with you in the secret group give them another private method of talking to you like your cell number or Skype account or KIK, or FB etc.

And as for how to get the new mods to fix the site, i am not sure if my solution would work. But if money is all that matters to those that own this site, it should be hitting them where it hurts to say that maybe the best way is to not give them what they want. Do not support the sites where they are putting their money into. Deactivate your accounts at VRV and anywhere else they are focusing on so that they can see that we are serious. If you go to those other places and support their goals they will never do anything for this site ever again. I for one intend to close my VRV account and unsubscribe to it. I will not get a membership here until they fix the site because i will not pay for what does not work. But i will not give them my business elsewhere either. Other than this, i am not sure what else we could do. Maybe some of you can think of something better.
38 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/10/19
3 months later ..
36830 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/10/19

AniMatsuri wrote:

I don't know about violence but if we got a sizable crowd in front of CR HQ that would make headlines for sure!


the HQ? No that won't do it you need to go after their investors so they realize they're losing money by choosing VRV over CR.
88 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/10/19
i cant subscribe to CR on the browser app, the phone app, the tablet app, the ps4 app, i get SEPARATE ERRORS on each one of them, ive tried pay pal, and two different cards, i tried to go to the forums and was unable to make a post about this issue im done. fuck this. im so done with a service that not only am i UNABLE TO SUBSCRIBE TO ON MULTIPLE DIFFERENT PLATFORMS BUT I AM ALSO UNABLE TO EVEN MAKE A POST ABOUT SAID ISSUE TO RECEIVE HELP. i just wanted to vent and tell this place im done with it. this is beyond frustrating when all i want to do is watch anime. off i go to another service. this isnt even the first time ive had this issue either i tried this TWO WEEKS AGO and the same problem, so i figured id wait, NOPE, STILL AN ISSUE, no matter if its here at my house, the office, or the library, or my friends house, i am completly unable to subscribe or make a forum post about my issue.
48201 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/10/19

RogueIV wrote:


AniMatsuri wrote:

I don't know about violence but if we got a sizable crowd in front of CR HQ that would make headlines for sure!


the HQ? No that won't do it you need to go after their investors so they realize they're losing money by choosing VRV over CR.


Business are adverse to bad publicity. If a sizable crowd showed and and demanded CR fix their site something would happen. We finally got a HTML5 player after the backlash over their lame High Guardian Spice PR stunt.
16539 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/11/19

AniMatsuri wrote:

Business are adverse to bad publicity. If a sizable crowd showed and and demanded CR fix their site something would happen. We finally got a HTML5 player after the backlash over their lame High Guardian Spice PR stunt.


I've heard of High Guardian Spice but what PR stunt did they do that got them trouble?
48201 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/10/19

yumikikoharu wrote:


AniMatsuri wrote:

Business are adverse to bad publicity. If a sizable crowd showed and and demanded CR fix their site something would happen. We finally got a HTML5 player after the backlash over their lame High Guardian Spice PR stunt.


I've heard of High Guardian Spice but what PR stunt did they do that got them trouble?


The video released seemed to talk endlessly about the diversity working on it even thought the staff seemed to be mostly white women and showed little what the show is about. The video got so many more unlikes than likes on youtube the count was taken down. Negative comments filled youtube and here when any news of that show was posted. I think they also turned off comments on youtube since they were mostly negative there too. The art style was very Steven Universe and not anime like so that was another strike against the show. I don't expect it to do well if they are primarily going to release it here on CR.
90 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/11/19
why are private messages disabled? its really annoying to see that i have 1 notification and when i click the thing, it says that it is disabled (see image), whats the reason behind this?

48201 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/11/19

DatAnimeBoi170 wrote:

why are private messages disabled? its really annoying to see that i have 1 notification and when i click the thing, it says that it is disabled (see image), whats the reason behind this?



I've contacted them about that. They won't say why but they are aware of it and working on it.
21301 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / Bulgaria, South-E...
Offline
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/11/19
I think that their statements are truth. When an issue occurred to opening profiles and topics, it got fixed really quickly. Obviously, finding the technical configuration, that would make all features work normally, would take some more time.
But, on the upside, Crunchyroll has a whole bunch of features, that other forums do not have. And that is why coding gets so difficult and time-taking. Enjoy the multitudinous features of Crunchyroll!
By the way, if Crunchyroll did not have glitchy periods in any aspect, but did not have guestbooks, usergroups and so many active users at once... Would it be a more pleasant and enjoyable place? I doubt. So, let us consider the good and positive side of things! The issues are the "price" of having the opportunity to enjoy features like guestbook and user groups.
16539 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/11/19

AniMatsuri wrote:


yumikikoharu wrote:


AniMatsuri wrote:

Business are adverse to bad publicity. If a sizable crowd showed and and demanded CR fix their site something would happen. We finally got a HTML5 player after the backlash over their lame High Guardian Spice PR stunt.


I've heard of High Guardian Spice but what PR stunt did they do that got them trouble?


The video released seemed to talk endlessly about the diversity working on it even thought the staff seemed to be mostly white women and showed little what the show is about. The video got so many more unlikes than likes on youtube the count was taken down. Negative comments filled youtube and here when any news of that show was posted. I think they also turned off comments on youtube since they were mostly negative there too. The art style was very Steven Universe and not anime like so that was another strike against the show. I don't expect it to do well if they are primarily going to release it here on CR.


I saw images of the show and it doesn't feel 'anime' at all. And they turned off comments? Wow... it was that bad, huh?
47849 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
56 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/11/19
Since the forum threads are repaired maybe this will be soon I really dont use the PM that much but onbce in awhile you need to keep thongs quiet
82972 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/11/19

FLjerry2011 wrote:

Since the forum threads are repaired maybe this will be soon I really dont use the PM that much but onbce in awhile you need to keep thongs quiet


Thongs should NEVER be kept quiet.

First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.