First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last

Danmachi season 2 + movie anticipation. I can't wait.

Post Reply
P0x 
137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/27/18 , edited 9/27/18
I have to admit. I've been smiling for months. Ever since they announced a new season and a movie. Season 1 was so fun to watch.

I couldn't get into the side series. I tried. Poor Ais isn't a character that can carry a series. Sadly.

nuxxy 
666 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/27/18 , edited 9/27/18
I've also been eager in anticipation. Loved the first series. I was stuck in a room nursing an injured pet, and I was desperate for something to watch. By the title, I thought it was was some silly harem anime. But it was so good I binged the whole thing in one sitting.

Sword Oratoria wasn't as good. I don't think it was just Ais. I think the 'plant monster' template for the opponents just weren't as compelling as the Minotaur and Black Goliath. I also think there was too much unexplained stuff.


Has a season 2 release date been officially announced yet? I found sites inferring October at the earliest, but haven't seen anything official yet.
8616 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
65 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/18 , edited 9/27/18
I have been waiting anxiously too. Sword Oratoria wasn't as compelling, but it did fill in some holes in the DanMachi anime. Like, on the 18th floor, back at the camp after the peeping episode, who was that elf girl in the background and why was she so angry? It filled in or answered some questions about stuff like that there.
111551 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/27/18 , edited 9/28/18

nuxxy wrote:

Has a season 2 release date been officially announced yet? I found sites inferring October at the earliest, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Not to my knowledge. It certainly isn't October, as all standard length anime for the autumn season would already be scheduled.

This was the information on the original announcement:


The film apparently isn't due until next year, and I have my doubts the 2nd series was precede the film.

224 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
16 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 4/18/19 , edited 4/18/19
I swear, or it might be a whole other anime. Where they are ambushed and he uses magic to become some giant monster? Is it SAO or Danmachi?

Also do we know when the movie and the next season will be out?

We are all hyped
16424 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 4/19/19 , edited 4/20/19
I just finished reading the sixth book and there is a major character that the anime completely ignores, she becomes a relatively big part of the story so I wonder how they're going to fit her in. Oh and the first arc of the story is going to be better than the entirety of Season 1 so look forward to that.
132 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 4/19/19 , edited 4/20/19

Griffhor14 wrote:

I just finished reading the sixth book and there is a major character that the anime completely ignores, she becomes a relatively big part of the story so I wonder how they're going to fit her in. Oh and the first arc of the story is going to be better than the entirety of Season 1 so look forward to that.


I thought I knew which character you were talking about, and then I went back and watched the episodes that should have featured that character and they did.

I mean, it's been a bit since I watched the whole series, and I just finished book 13, so maybe I'm just too far away to see it, but I'm pretty sure we've been introduced to everyone we should know from the stories that were done in the anime.
772 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/19 , edited 4/20/19
Not like CR will get the rights to it. It's a good show... and not a short.
43684 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 4/19/19 , edited 4/20/19
I actually liked Sword Oratorio a lot, it delve more into exploring family dynamics, the structure of the dungeons, and had some well fleshed grey characters.

Danmachi itself seemed very black and white to me. It was the show that made me realize that I hate the concept of a singular protagonist.
16424 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 4/19/19 , edited 4/19/19

IForgetHisName wrote:


I thought I knew which character you were talking about, and then I went back and watched the episodes that should have featured that character and they did.

I mean, it's been a bit since I watched the whole series, and I just finished book 13, so maybe I'm just too far away to see it, but I'm pretty sure we've been introduced to everyone we should know from the stories that were done in the anime.


Huh, I guess you're right. It's just because they didn't animate the QuestxQuest storyline that I was confused.
I wonder how many episodes it will take to end the first arc. If it's just going to be a 12 episode season and not a 2 course, then I would say 4 maybe? If it's a 2 course and they actually do the
then maybe 5 or 6.
132 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 4/21/19 , edited 4/21/19

Rynthion wrote:

Not like CR will get the rights to it. It's a good show... and not a short.


I know you're making a joke about this current season, but since the Sword Oratoria side-story was an Amazon exclusive, CR not getting the new season of Danmachi is more of a possibility than any of us might be expecting.


Griffhor14 wrote:

Huh, I guess you're right. It's just because they didn't animate the QuestxQuest storyline that I was confused.
I wonder how many episodes it will take to end the first arc. If it's just going to be a 12 episode season and not a 2 course, then I would say 4 maybe? If it's a 2 course and they actually do the
then maybe 5 or 6.


Yeah, I guess you're right, they didn't really dig deep on that story line, and they kind of need to a little bit more for the events of book 6.

Trying to figure out where season 2 ends is a weird thing though. Books 6 and 7 are their own story arcs respectively. Book 8 is kind of like episode 10 of any season of Game Of Thrones, where a lot of it is dealing with the consequences of books 6, and 7. The "big thing" that is happening in book 8 is really happening in the background and the book is really just a series of smaller stories to pad the space between the end of book 7 and the start of book 9.

Books 9 through 11 are all a single story arc and once you start rolling that ball I don't see how it stops in a satisfying way anywhere before the end of book 11.

That being said, if they keep their current pace of burning through 5 books in 12 episodes, all they have to do is skip book 8 and they can do it.
16424 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 4/21/19 , edited 4/21/19

IForgetHisName wrote:

Books 9 through 11 are all a single story arc and once you start rolling that ball I don't see how it stops in a satisfying way anywhere before the end of book 11.

That being said, if they keep their current pace of burning through 5 books in 12 episodes, all they have to do is skip book 8 and they can do it.


I feel that skipping book 8 would be a mistake.
I haven't started 9-11 so can't comment on them but I feel that they could probably stuff book 8 into 2 episodes like they did book 4 and I would be fine with that.
47 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/21/19 , edited 4/21/19

IForgetHisName

That being said, if they keep their current pace of burning through 5 books in 12 episodes, all they have to do is skip book 8 and they can do it.


Nope, wouldn't work. Remember, they used only one episode to adapt vol 4 so even skipping vol 8 wouldn't make adapting 5 volumes possible. Based on the PV i think they are only going to adapt vol 6 and 7, and maybe some of vol 8. I believe this because apparently some characters from these volumes:
all have cameos in the danmachi movie.
62237 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
38 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 4/23/19 , edited 4/23/19
I was wondering when a topic for this show would turn up again.


Griffhor14 wrote:
I just finished reading the sixth book and there is a major character that the anime completely ignores, she becomes a relatively big part of the story so I wonder how they're going to fit her in.


Now, I'm one of the ones who got into this franchise through the anime and the mobile game, so, since I'm curious, which character do you mean? (You can put it in a spoiler box if that is a concern.)
16424 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 4/23/19 , edited 4/23/19

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

I was wondering when a topic for this show would turn up again.


Griffhor14 wrote:
I just finished reading the sixth book and there is a major character that the anime completely ignores, she becomes a relatively big part of the story so I wonder how they're going to fit her in.


Now, I'm one of the ones who got into this franchise through the anime and the mobile game, so, since I'm curious, which character do you mean? (You can put it in a spoiler box if that is a concern.)


I was wrong anyway so won't bother with a spoiler tag. Her name is Nehza and she's the only member of Miach's (the item shop owner) family. There was an entire side story dedicated to her that they didn't animate called QuestxQuest but you can still see her cameo in the first season.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.