First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last

Domestic Girlfriend

Post Reply
37 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 2/22/19 , edited 2/22/19

Diesel4 wrote:


leoneazzurro wrote:

The "one date at a month" was something Rui proposed to focus more on their careers with the purpose of being a family in the fastest way possible (and to let more space to Natsuo, while she was trying to overcome her anxiety). Natsuo agreed because he realized that he was completely full with club activities, so he had to postpone his new book (there is even a panel with him thinking about being broke in the future, so he had to ask money to Rui for living). That thing, even if many are criticizes it, was what allowed Natsuo to write comfortably his anthology (the one later bashed because the bad marketing). So it was not really negative per se, and it did not really affect their life as a couple. The NYC cooking course, on the other hand, did.


Yeah you can see it that way but you have to think that could have a little role in it as well. I'm not familiar with school life in Japan. But from personal experience (college graduate while working). There is plenty of time to maintain a relationship while doing activities and actively write imo. The NYC cooking course did screw them, which shouldn't come as a shock because that is a tough thing to do. They both could have been better with communication during that time but I ultimately think it's going to come back around to them getting back together.


But that was not meaning they had to not meet at all, they were speaking about dates, that traditionally for Japan are time-consuming (hours of meeting). They will continue to see each other now and then, keep contact and so on. When Rui leaves for NYC, after she was over the "fate" thing and was also admirably managing the "Serizawa accident" at home, the relationship seemed go on the right rails. Surely the long distance was really ovekill, and what is "funny" about it it's that it had worse effects on Natsuo (who had family and friends next to him) than on Rui.
37 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 2/22/19 , edited 2/22/19

Diesel4 wrote:


leoneazzurro wrote:

The "one date at a month" was something Rui proposed to focus more on their careers with the purpose of being a family in the fastest way possible (and to let more space to Natsuo, while she was trying to overcome her anxiety). Natsuo agreed because he realized that he was completely full with club activities, so he had to postpone his new book (there is even a panel with him thinking about being broke in the future, so he had to ask money to Rui for living). That thing, even if many are criticizes it, was what allowed Natsuo to write comfortably his anthology (the one later bashed because the bad marketing). So it was not really negative per se, and it did not really affect their life as a couple. The NYC cooking course, on the other hand, did.


Yeah you can see it that way but you have to think that could have a little role in it as well. I'm not familiar with school life in Japan. But from personal experience (college graduate while working). There is plenty of time to maintain a relationship while doing activities and actively write imo. The NYC cooking course did screw them, which shouldn't come as a shock because that is a tough thing to do. They both could have been better with communication during that time but I ultimately think it's going to come back around to them getting back together.


But that was not meaning they had to not meet at all, they were speaking about dates, that traditionally for Japan are time-consuming (hours of meeting). They will continue to see each other now and then, keep contact and so on (in fact, you see them stay together right the chapter after). When Rui leaves for NYC, after she was over the "fate" thing and was also admirably managing the "Serizawa accident" at home, the relationship seemed go on the right rails. Surely the long distance was really ovekill, and what is "funny" about it it's that it had worse effects on Natsuo (who had family and friends next to him) than on Rui.
181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/24/19 , edited 2/25/19

leoneazzurro wrote:


Diesel4 wrote:


leoneazzurro wrote:

The "one date at a month" was something Rui proposed to focus more on their careers with the purpose of being a family in the fastest way possible (and to let more space to Natsuo, while she was trying to overcome her anxiety). Natsuo agreed because he realized that he was completely full with club activities, so he had to postpone his new book (there is even a panel with him thinking about being broke in the future, so he had to ask money to Rui for living). That thing, even if many are criticizes it, was what allowed Natsuo to write comfortably his anthology (the one later bashed because the bad marketing). So it was not really negative per se, and it did not really affect their life as a couple. The NYC cooking course, on the other hand, did.


Yeah you can see it that way but you have to think that could have a little role in it as well. I'm not familiar with school life in Japan. But from personal experience (college graduate while working). There is plenty of time to maintain a relationship while doing activities and actively write imo. The NYC cooking course did screw them, which shouldn't come as a shock because that is a tough thing to do. They both could have been better with communication during that time but I ultimately think it's going to come back around to them getting back together.


But that was not meaning they had to not meet at all, they were speaking about dates, that traditionally for Japan are time-consuming (hours of meeting). They will continue to see each other now and then, keep contact and so on (in fact, you see them stay together right the chapter after). When Rui leaves for NYC, after she was over the "fate" thing and was also admirably managing the "Serizawa accident" at home, the relationship seemed go on the right rails. Surely the long distance was really ovekill, and what is "funny" about it it's that it had worse effects on Natsuo (who had family and friends next to him) than on Rui.


Ah the culture differences shows. That makes a lot of sense. And I agree it did have a greater effect on him as far as we know. We haven’t received an update on Rui and I have a feeling she’s having just as rough a time tbh. Him taking it this hard is right in line with character
178 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/25/19 , edited 3/15/19
My first thought regarding that last panel was: "Drugs", and I still lean towards that, having contemplated "body". She was set up as a new tragic heroine that would be another inspiration/muse for Natsuo, and so the "body" solution would fit right in, what with two of his previous story arcs involving hostess/somewhat-more-than-hostess work, but I do think this could be breaking the mold a bit, taking it into a darker corner.
To wit: Her intensive smoking might be a hint (well, intensive by my standards) that she has addiction issues. Maybe she is the one that Natsuo cannot save, which would shock him into writing again. I would be saddened by such a development, but it would have a certain plausibility to it. I find her very attractive, in a dark way.
If she were selling her body, we could have a rinse-repeat of Kasumi or Juri. Not good.
I like the theory from the forum that the panel is a red herring, with her just simply getting a new flat for herself or something like that, but I am a bit pessimistic.

What I am currently missing is a bit of lightheartedness and optimism – it would be grand if Misaki could be a bit more like a grown-up Momo than we currently suspect. I just quickly scanned the story for the names of Kasumi and Juri, and came across some lovely Momo moments (Chapter 146, page 4, e. g.). Miyabi is too dark, what with slut girl advising her and being all fixated, Hina is constantly a-suffering, now Rui has made everybody (including us readers, herself, and Nat-chan) suffer, and as Natsuo is currently all blocked and bottled up, the Forester vibe is also a bit muted. I want some light!
16460 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 2/28/19 , edited 2/28/19
Yeah, totally. This manga has never been a drop of sunshine or anything but it's always had some hope, this arc is just completely depressing.
181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/19 , edited 3/1/19

Griffhor14 wrote:

Yeah, totally. This manga has never been a drop of sunshine or anything but it's always had some hope, this arc is just completely depressing.


Yeah and most of us are sitting here trying to find out where the hope is coming from!

P.S. I'm from Alabama too!
181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/19 , edited 3/3/19
The new chapter doesn't really give us any ideas to what her last job was but I think Nat is getting closer to his breakthrough he needs to start right again. They finally mention Rui but more as a comedic effect. Not sure why we haven't received some kind of update on her given the time pass. I'm beginning to wonder if the next time we see her it won't be until she gets back to Japan and it's going to involve her walking in on him with another girl again.
16460 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 3/3/19 , edited 3/4/19
I am kinda happy that the anime skipped the school trip though. It couldn't have been only me that thought that most of the Literature Club stuff was kinda dull, and this way we get to help inflict the pain of Hina leaving with all her anime fans as well. Shared pain hurts a bit less.
181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/4/19 , edited 3/4/19

Griffhor14 wrote:

I am kinda happy that the anime skipped the school trip though. It couldn't have been only me that thought that most of the Literature Club stuff was kinda dull, and this way we get to help inflict the pain of Hina leaving with all her anime fans as well. Shared pain hurts a bit less.


I am 100% glad I read ahead and am now watch the anime with knowledge of whats going to happen. I wouldn't want to watch the ending of the anime and take that gut punch without knowing what was going to happen and if there was going to be another season. Much like With the World God Only Knows, I just hope this manga has an ending like that one.
1612 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/19 , edited 3/6/19
I dunno, I feel like this Misaki arc is a little too far-fetched... After having just binged this manga for a week, I have faith in the autor, so let's see where it leads. To say I've been pleasantly surprised for the depth of this work is an understatement...
181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/19 , edited 3/7/19
So the new chapter is... something. Kinda hard to believe his heart was so broken he would enjoy what was going on, coming from a guys perspective I was thinking that could help him but given this manga it makes sense. I wonder why she doesn't want to go to the hospital and Hina really needs to mention that dude to Nat.
178 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/8/19 , edited 3/8/19
Let 's face it, Hina will just never have the savvy to open her mouth in time, as that is the way she is.

As for the hospital ...

181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/19 , edited 3/8/19

Ondundozonananandana wrote:

Let 's face it, Hina will just never have the savvy to open her mouth in time, as that is the way she is.

As for the hospital ...



I agree with Hina and after she just showed up drunk? No way. I bet it has to do with some type of abuse from him or she may be some type of prostitute and he's the "pimp"
C0ryn 
365 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
19 / M / Spain
Offline
Posted 3/8/19 , edited 3/9/19
I just wanna try to figure out how's this manga so good tbh, cant stop readin it
760 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / F / poland
Offline
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/11/19


Sorry, I wasn't very clear about which reaction I was talking about. I never expected Natsuo to go after Miyabi. That is clearly inappropriate behaviour. Geez, she's like Rui light. I am talking about what looked like shame, regret and his subsequent depression. What exactly is causing all of this? For me, this seems like an overblown reaction for something that was clearly not his fault. He has nothing to do with what Miyabi did. He doesn't have any special romantic feelings towards her. She doesn't seem to be any type of special friend to him so why does he act like this? Your point about Momo made me laugh because it was those characteristics of him being too nice and indecisive, being lead by his dick when his heart was not involved that lead both Momo and especially Rui to get close to him. I find that ironic that while they had no problem using that particular 'door', they want it now firmly closed to other females. But that could be seen as normal by some, I guess. Next week should let us know what he is really this upset over. Is he upset over Miyabi? Well, he never lead her on. The only thing she used to do was blush and run away. He would not have necessarily believed that Rui was right about Miyabi because Rui was been plagued with jealousy. In that respect Rui has not evoved, she has just learned to hide her jealousy better. She tried the cold treatment on Hina again after she was out in the rain in the mountain with Natsuo and Natsuo did not indulge her. Rui is not trying to break up with him. She's obsessed with holding on to him and deathly afraid of someone doing to her kinda what she did to Hina.



Natsuo is upset because Rui warned him to not give in, that Miyabi's after him. There was scene where it was explained.

I wish Natsuo will end up with Rui. She did the most for Him. She always was the one that pull him up, even when He was into Hina. And Hina to me didn't change at all. She always all about herself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.